Empyre unveil their brand new AI generate video for single 'Waking Light'
Taken from the forthcoming album Relentless
Known for their DIY ethics, Empyre have long been creating their own artwork and videos but when it came to their new single ‘Waking Light’, Empyre have gone one step further as they decided to create both the video and single cover entirely from scratch. Well not quite entirely…
A highly debated topic in the world at large there are arguments for and against the use of AI, particularly in the field of the arts. Whereas some believe that AI threatens creativity with programmable sequencing already reaching the ability to craft entire songs and map out artwork, Empyre instead wanted to show that we should embrace this advancement of technology. The video aims to open the conversation as to where do we stand with the use of AI.
The band comment “Why go through the pain of dealing with a slow and expensive human artist when I can get mind-blowing, free results in 30 seconds from an algorithm? That being said, there are some things that machine’s simply can’t do but if the option is there, then why shouldn’t we take it?!”
Specifically with ‘Waking Light’ the band wanted to see just how both artist and technology can coexist to create something truly unique. The artwork for the video was created using AI technologies such as Midjourney and Open AI’s Dall-E to make over 1000 individual AI generated images manipulated by the band into several infinite zoom sequences. A perfect combination of man and machine working together.
Empyre will be hitting the road at the following dates:
- March 11th - Album Listening Party, Northampton Filmhouse (SOLD OUT)
- March 11th - The Black Prince, Northampton (SOLD OUT)
- April 22nd - KK's Steel Mill, Wolverhampton (The Album Party)
- April 30th - Station 18 Festival, Swansea
- May 20th - Kettering Arts Centre (Acoustic)
- June 2nd - LoveRocks Festival, Bournemouth
- July 30th - Steelhouse Festival, Wales
- September 3rd - Nene Valley Rock Festival, Nene Park,Peterborough
- September 30th - The Patriot, Crumlin, Wales
Tickets are available from: https://www.empyre.co.uk/
Empyre will release their new album Relentless on 31st March via Kscope, having signed to the label earlier this year, joining the likes of TesseracT, The Pineapple Thief and Envy of None.