EMPYRE ANNOUNCE SUPPORT TO ‘THE DAMN TRUTH’ ON UK TOUR
After a whirlwind month of appearances, interviews, stellar reviews and pub crawls, the Classic Rock heralded “giant killers” Empyre, celebrated the release of ‘Relentless’ with their headline show at KK’ Steel Mill in Wolverhampton, which saw the event upgraded to the main room due to phenomenal ticket demand.
Following that stunning performance, Empyre announce they will be taking ‘Relentless’ on the road, as they join Canada’s very own The Damn Truth for multiple dates across the UK in late July. The tour also will incorporate their appearance at Steelhouse Festival in Wales.
The Damn Truth UK Tour:
- July 22 Shoreham-By-Sea - Ropetackle Arts Centre
- July 23 Blackpool - The Waterloo Music Bar
- July 25 Leicester, The Musician
- July 27 Buckley – The Tivoli
- July 28 Leek - Foxlowe Arts Centre
- Aug 01 Milton Keynes - The Stables
Regarding the tour announcement frontman Henrik Steenholdt comments:
"We hope fans will see us hitting the road with The Damn Truth in the summer as a tantalising prospect. Their cool, 60s, retro-rock vibe meeting our dark, intense, arena-rock could make quite a tour. We've loved our recent headline dates, but we've been getting itchy feet waiting for the opportunity to take Relentless on the road after its release. It's going to be great to play the tracks from the album night after night and I think we're going to discover some new fan favourites from those songs. The anticipation for us touring has been building, now we can deliver.
In the week that celebrated Empyre’s debut Kscope release ‘Relentless’, the band unveiled a treasure trove of treats for fans that included a cover of David Guetta and Sia’s iconic ‘Titanium’, the unveiling of multiple videos for deep cut tracks, an online listening party, along with an in person hmv Northampton intimate performance and signing session with fans. If that wasn’t enough they also took over the airwaves with multiple interviews airing throughout the week, including a BBC Introducing Empyre special.
In the run up to the tour the band will also be performing one special headline date, a stripped back set on May 20th at Kettering Arts Centre where acoustic renditions of new and old songs will be aired. You can see the full list of Empyre live dates below:
- May 20 - Kettering Arts Centre (Acoustic)
- June 2 - LoveRocks Festival, Bournemouth
- July 22 - Ropetackle Arts Centre, Shoreham-by-sea
- July 23 - The Waterloo, Blackpool
- July 25 - The Musician, Leicester
- July 27 - The Tivoli, Buckley
- July 28 - Foxlowe Arts Centre, Leek
- July 30 - Steelhouse Festival, Wales
- Aug 01 – The Stables, Milton Keynes
- September 3 – Nene Valley Rock Festival, Nene Park, Peterborough
- September 16 – Earth Shake, New Cross Inn, London
- September 30 – The Patriot, Crumlin, Wales