TESSERACT CRASH LAND WITH CINEMATIC ‘LEGION’ SINGLE & VIDEO NEW ALBUM ‘WAR OF BEING’ OUT NOW
Celebrating the album’s release at London, UK’s ‘The Gallery’ at Tileyard, fans were treated to an exclusive 5.1 Dolby Atmos playback, intimate Q&A hosted by Alyx Holcombe (BBC Radio 1) and able to experience the ‘War Of Being’ game in VR. After which there was a worldwide exclusive first look at the spell binding video for third single ‘Legion’, the set of which was available for guests to interact with. Now, following the immensely successful unveiling of their new album ‘War Of Being’, today the band have made this magnificent cinematic experience available for the world over.
‘Legion’, is proof that despite being able to create songs that are larger than life, TesseracT ensure that the human element of a genre so often devoid of emotion remains strong. Musically it showcases the versatility and ability of Daniel Tompkins’ effortless range and power.
Regarding the track, Daniel Tompkins had the following to say:
“Conceptually, Legion sets the scene by introducing 'Fear' and its various cunning forms.” Says Tompkins “Fear binds and restricts us from unlocking truth and obscures the paths that lay ahead in a deliberate attempt to skew our vision. From the perspective of our two main characters (Ex and El), Legion sees Fear tearing the fabric of their lives apart, as they experience their world crumble whilst dealing with the chaos and confusion surrounding them. The music video focusses on Ex's experience of the same chaos, taking hold of The Dream as it crashes on 'The Strangeland' - The introduction to the story of the War Of Being.”
The video, Directed by Richard Oakes (Dark Fable Media) depicts the opening scene for the concept behind the ‘War Of Being’, written by Amos Williams. Ex (played by Dan Tompkins) gives an intense and emotional performance as things start to go wrong aboard ‘The Dream’, before crashing on ‘The Strangeland’.
“… one of the best albums of the year” – Album of The Month - Rock Hard FR
“Bon voyage to The Strangeland” – 4/5 – URN
“…a turning point” – 87/100 – Rumore
“exudes an almost beguilingly beautiful and monumental atmosphere.”- Metal Hammer DE
"...the band's most dynamic, varied, complex and at the same time most accessible... eclipsed
“This band’s quintessential release – not to mention a frontrunner for metal album of the year.”- 9/10 - Metal Hammer
“…not only TesseracT’s most accomplished record to date, but it’s one that adds greater extravagance wonder and distinction” – PROG
‘The Grey’ builds on signature grooves that undulate in TesseracT’s sound flanked by polyrhythmic rhythms tied together by the band’s iconic melodies. It’s yet another example of the multi-faceted appeal of their sound and proves that they can craft immediate and affecting tracks just as masterfully as their epic 11 minutes opuses.
Regarding the track, Amos Williams had the following to say:
The Grey explores the story and character within the Strangeland of the same name. A character who has suppressed their own voice to the point that they have blended into the shadows, their story lost amongst the white noise of the world. Through the song we experience their journey as they wrestle with their frustration and sorrow at how they have ended up this way.
It's a powerful, energetic piece that pushes each member of TesseracT to a next level of musicianship and expression. And continues to shine a light upon the diversity that can be expected from War Of Being.
Alongside the release of the single is a fully functional, immersive videogame titled ‘War Of Being’. Launched on August 11th, the user can enter the world of the album bridging the gap between listening and experience to create a living, breathing concept that brings you closer to the world of TesseracT than ever before.
In celebration of the early access game, the band have made a visualiser for the single which incorporates areas seen in the game alongside the track itself and was created by Amos Williams.
In the game’s ‘Early Access’ fans can expect to explore several surreal landscapes, meet characters from the concept of ‘War Of Being’ and solve puzzles in order to unlock parts of TesseracT’s second single ‘The Grey. The end of the game will unlock the full song where the play can listen from within the same breathtaking landscapes used in the ‘War Of Being’ music video.
After finishing the album recording in August 2022, singer and frontman of TesseracT Daniel Tompkins immediately began his focus on developing War Of Being VR and desktop computer game based entirely on the album’s original concept, created by Amos Williams and himself. Tompkins is the lead designer and developer of the game alongside Adam Boyt (Programmer / Developer) and Kirsty Harvey (3D Designer).
Regarding the game Dan said the following:
As a keen gamer and live streamer I have always understood the potential waiting for a musical project to bridge the gap between the gaming and music worlds and with such a visually stunning concept, I could see that this was the perfect opportunity to bring it to life in virtual reality and as a desktop game.
“This has been without a doubt the biggest project I have personally ever undertaken and is a huge achievement for our developers. It has pushed us to our absolute limits and I'm so proud to have accomplished the beginnings of a fully developed game on Steam.”
The game will be available exclusively on Steam for £4.99 UK and playable in VR on Viva / Rift S and Oculus accompanied by a SteamDeck playable version.
TesseracT debut ‘War of Being’ with an EPIC CINEMATIC VIDEO
PLUS details of the War of Being World Tour
Five years since the release of Sonder, TesseracT have returned with their new album ‘War Of Being’ OUT NOW. The Dream has crash landed and ‘ex and ‘el’ awaken to find themselves in ‘The Strangeland’, facing a foe known simply as ‘Fear’ the two are separated and so begins the journey of ‘War Of Being’…
The album opens with the reverie shattering ‘Natural Disaster’, followed by the pendulum swing of ‘Legion’. That slingshots us into the herculean title track - the album's 11 minute centrepiece that undulates with precision and power. When coupled with the beguiling melodies of ‘The Grey’, or the unshielded honesty of ‘Burden’, the band deliver their most impassioned release to date - an album to excite and inspire. Acle Kahney, Daniel Tompkins, Amos Williams, Jay Postones, and James Monteith truly have crafted a phenomenal set of immersive, absorbing sounds.
‘War Of Being’ was recorded at Middle Farm Studios in the United Kingdom with Peter Miles (Architects/Sylosis/Dodie) co-producing with the band alongside Katherine Marsh of Choir Noir (Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Marillion). Assisting with additional programming and production, the band were joined by Randy Slaugh (Periphery, Architects, Devin Townsend). With additional engineering by Forrester Savell (Karnivool). The artwork, which features characters ‘ex’ and ‘el’ was created in collaboration between AI and human as a means to extend the concept into its presentation.
TesseracT bassist Amos Williams states:
“War Of Being has been all encompassing for us since late 2019. After I returned home from filming P O R T A L S I found myself in such a deeply introspective headspace. The scale of work and reward from that project kind of set this up to be inevitable. We simply had to try and see how far we could take a concept album with TesseracT.
Within these songs the band has given life to the themes and ideas that are personified within the characters of The Strangeland story. It’s certainly been a catharsis and a way for me to explore the internal dissonance.”
‘War Of Being’, the first single to be released from the album of the same name, is an eleven-minute visual extravaganza and provides the perfect prologue for the album’s aurally and visually immersive story. Written and Directed by Found Format alongside 2nd unit director Richard Oakes / Dark Fable Media (Sleep Token) - the feature length video proves that TesseracT remain not only pioneers but innovators in a movement of their own making. Be sure to wait until the very end of the clip for the next piece of the puzzle to be revealed…
Regarding the track, Daniel Tompkins, the band’s vocalist, had the following to say:
“War Of Being is a fight for acceptance, a battle of existence and a resistance against ego. It’s a struggle for control as we cut through the white noise of reality. It’s the need to know and identify with oneself, to accept and understand what we stand for and who we are. There is an urgent need to ‘Tear the mask away’ and reveal your true self.”
Leaders not followers, TesseracT exist in a sphere of their own with ambition positively written into the band’s DNA and ‘War Of Being’ is no different.
The album is available in a variety of formats that include the following:
- Deluxe version - “The Strangeland” – a limited edition collector’s 3 Disc, 68 page Hardback Book Edition containing the War Of Being audio CD / a DVD / a Blu-Ray that features ‘The Journey of Being’ 40 minute documentary on the making of ‘War Of Being’, ‘The Strangeland’ an in-depth view of the characters of ‘War Of Being’, the 11 minute feature length video and album in 5.1 Surround - strictly limited to 1,500 copies worldwide.
- Gatefold 2LP ‘The Scribe’ – Black and Gold Corona (TesseracT EU Store exclusive limited to 1000)
- Gatefold 2LP ‘Fear’ – Red and Black Marble (TesseracT US/AUS Store exclusive limited to 1000)
- Gatefold 2LP – Red Vinyl (Revolver.com exclusive limited to 500)
- Gatefold 2LP – Clear Vinyl (Amazon.co.uk + Euro indie stores exclusive limited to 1000)
- Gatefold 2LP – Yellow Vinyl (Kscope Store + EMP Germany Exclusive limited to 500)
- Gatefold 2LP – Black Vinyl
- Blu-Ray (Hi-Res Stereo, 5.1 and Dolby Atmos mix by Bruce Soord / ‘War Of Being’ 11 minute feature length video / ‘The Strangeland’ and ‘The Journey of Being’)
- CD Digipack with 24-page booklet
- Digital (+ in Dolby Atmos)
War of Being World Tour
Alongside the brand new album the band will be embarking on a worldwide tour that will begin in 2023 running through to 2024 performing shows in throughout the US / EU / UK / Asia and Australia with support from Intervals, Unprocessed, Alluvial and The Callous Daoboys.
Tickets on sale now
US 2023 with support from Alluvial and Intervals
- OCT 5 The Underground, Charlotte NC
- OCT 6 Music Farm, Charleston SC
- OCT 7 Norva, Norfolk VA
- OCT 8 Rams Head Live!, Baltimore MD
- OCT 10 House of Blues, Chicago IL
- OCT 11 Roxian Theatre, Pittsburgh PA
- OCT 13 Irving Plaza, New York NY
- OCT 14 Paradise, Boston MA
- OCT 15 TLA, Philadelphia PA
- OCT 17 Corona Theatre, Montreal QC
- OCT 19 Danforth Music Hall, Toronto ON
- OCT 20 Elevation, Grand Rapids MI
- OCT 21 Red Flag, St. Louis MO
- OCT 23 Summit Music Hall, Denver CO
- OCT 24 The Depot, Salt Lake City UT
- OCT 26 The Showbox, Seattle WA
- OCT 27 Commodore, Vancouver BC
- OCT 28 Knitting Factory, Spokane WA
- OCT 29 Hawthorne Theatre, Portland OR
- OCT 31 Regency Ballroom, San Francisco CA
- NOV 1 The Regent Theatre, Los Angeles CA
- NOV 3 Observatory North Park, San Diego CA
- NOV 4 Nile Theater, Phoenix AZ
- NOV 5 Revel, Albuquerque NM
- NOV 7 The Granada Theater, Dallas TX
- NOV 8 Emo's, Austin TX
- NOV 9 Warehouse Live, Houston TX
- NOV 11 The Orpheum, Tampa FL
- NOV 12 Buckhead Theatre, Atlanta GA
- NOV 13 Brooklyn Bowl, Nashville TN
EUROPE 2024 – with support from Unprocessed and The Callous Daoboys
- JAN 18 Rockhal, Esch-sur-Alzette LU
- JAN 19 CCO La Rayonne, Villeurbanne FR
- JAN 20 Sala Apolo, Barcelona ES
- JAN 21 La Paqui, Madrid ES
- JAN 23 Bataclan, Paris FR
- JAN 25 Laiterie Strasbourg, FR
- JAN 26 Trix, Antwerpen BE
- JAN 27 Im Wizemann, Stuttgart DE
- JAN 28 Alcatraz, Milan IT
- JAN 30 Komplex 457, Zurich CH
- FEB 1 Palac Akropolis, Prague CZ
- FEB 2 Backstage, Munich, DE
- FEB 3 Simm City, Vienna AT
- FEB 4 Barba Negra Red Stage, Budapest HU
- FEB 6 Colombia Theater, Berlin DE
- FEB 7 Progresja, Warsaw PL
- FEB 9 Tavara-asema, Tampere FI
- FEB 10 Tavastia, Helsinki FI
- FEB 12 Klubben Fryshuset, Stockholm SE
- FEB 13 Vulkan, Oslo NO
- FEB 15 Amager Bio, Copenhagen DK
- FEB 16 Gruenspan, Hamburg DE
- FEB 17 Calswerk Victoria, Cologne DE
- FEB 18 Tivoli Vredenburg - Ronda, Utrecht NL
- FEB 20 Nottingham Rock City, Nottingham UK
- FEB 21 O2 Institute, Birmingham, UK
- FEB 22 O2 Academy, Bristol UK
- FEB 23 O2 Forum Kentish Town, London UK
- FEB 24 O2 Ritz, Manchester UK
- FEB 25 SWG 3 Studio Warehouse, Glasgow UK
- FEB 27 Olympia, Dublin IE
AUSTRALIA AND ASIA 2024 – support TBC
Tickets for Australia on sale Thursday 20th July 9am local time
Tickets for Singapore and Japan on sale Oct 2023
Tickets for Hong Kong / Taiwan on sale 2024
- 26 Apr Imperfecto Patio, New Delhi IN
- 27 Apr Dublin Square - Phoenix, Mumbai IN
- 28 Apr Gylt, Bangalore IN
- 2 May Princess Theatre, Brisbane, QLD AUS
- 3 May Metro Theatre, Sydney, NSW AUS
- 4 May Croxton Bandroom, Melbourne, VIC AUS
- 7 May Lion Arts Factory, Adelaide, SA AUS
- 9 May Magnet House, Perth, WA AUS
- 11 May GR.iD L5, Singapore SG
- 13 May Lido Connect Hall, Bangkok, TH
- 15 May Music Zone, Hongkong, HK
- 16 May The Wall, Taipei, TW
- 18 May Shibuya Cyclone, Tokyo, JP
- 19 May Shibuya Cyclone, Tokyo, JP